Monday, December 1, 2008

On Tour...




We had a really fun Thanksgiving break, ate way too much, toured the coal mine where my dad and brother work, traveled all over the face of Wyoming and Utah, and cut a beautiful Christmas tree. Needless to say, it was an eventful weekend. Here are a few pics...





On the right, is my dad standing by a 240 ton dump truck. These trucks are flat out amazing.

And on the left, is a picture of us standing in front of the bucket of the main digging machine. It takes three scoops from this machine to fill up one of the dump trucks. It was a little cold there (imagine that)!

John and I had a blast driving around the mine, and our kids were amazed at how huge everything is. It is also really cool to see my dad in his element. Anyway, thanks for the tour, Dad!!

1 comment:

Belnap Family said...

I bet the kids thought that was really cool!! I know my kids would. Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!